This page is for volunteers who expressed interest in volunteering with the EIP Helpline and have been contacted by Ladder Up Staff. If you are interested in volunteering in this capacity, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information before beginning any training.
Training & Reference Materials
- Update from 7/2 about IRS issuing missing $500 payments for SS/RRB/VA benefits recipients with dependents who used the non-filer site before the deadline
- Information from a Tax Clinic contact: The good news in the GAO report was that the IRS committed to fixing the mistake and sending supplemental $500 payments. Earlier this week Commissioner Rettig testified before the Senate Finance Committee and reiterated that. Both the GAO report and the Commissioner said the IRS hopes to send the missing payments by the end of July. This fix helps people who used the non-filer portal by the deadlines IRS had set. (4/22 for SS/SSD/RRB recipients and 5/5 for SSI/VA recipients) Currently, there is no way for nonfilers who missed their deadline to get the payment for their children before the next tax season.
- EIP Content Updates (updated July 16)
- EIP Content Updates (updated June 26)
- EIP Content Updates (updated May 24)