MORE TAX SITES ARE OPENING!
Truman College and Olive Harvey College are opening for Drop-Off and Exit Interview Services!
2021 TAX TRAINING IS NOW LIVE!
All IRS certification exams will be completed through the IRS’ VITA training program, Link & Learn. Volunteers will also need to complete Ladder Up-specific modules within our Learning Management System, Absorb (if you volunteered with us last year, AbsorbLMS is the new and improved version of ExceedLMS).
Please follow these steps to get started on training. Make sure to check out many resources for training below.
- VolunteerHub: To start the volunteer process, ALL volunteers must log in to VolunteerHub or create a new account (Ladder Up (volunteerhub.com)).
- AbsorbLMS Training Platform: In 1 or 2 business days, you will receive an activation email from Ladder Up with the subject line “AbsorbLMS Email Activation – Ladder Up Training.” Please check your spam folder. Complete Modules:
- How to Use Absorb
- Drop-off Specialist or Exit Interviewer Module
- Review Instructions for Link & Learn
- Link & Learn Certification Center: Make sure to complete all required exams for your role. Instruction guide available for Link & Learn in AbsorbLMS.Please be sure to upload an image to AbsorbLMS of your Volunteer Standard of Conduct (Form 13615) that is auto-generated from Link & Learn. IMPORTANT: The name on your 13615 MUST match the name on the photo ID you provided us with.
We will be offering the following TWO volunteer roles this year:
- Drop-Off Specialist – Drop off specialists play a critical role at sites and set clients up for success! As a Drop-Off Specialist, you can expect to volunteer in-person at a drop-off site to meet with clients to review their intake forms and tax documents, ask any necessary follow-up questions to make sure all relevant information is documented, and scan all client documents so that returns can be prepared remotely. Volunteers in this role must certify at the Basic Certification level or higher.
- Exit Interviewer – Exit Interviewers serve as the final step in the process! As an Exit Interviewer, you can expect to meet with clients (in-person at a site or via a virtual platform) to review client’s completed tax returns with them and ensure accuracy. Volunteers in this role must certify at the Advanced Certification level.
ABSORB LMS TRAINING PLATFORM
Log into your AbsorbLMS account and begin training modules. All the information and resources below are also available in your AbsorbLMS account (goladderup.myabsorb.com).
2020 LINK & LEARN INSTRUCTIONS
LINK & LEARN CERTIFICATION
TAXSLAYER PRACTICE LAB
https://vita.taxslayerpro.com/ – Universal Password: TRAINPROWEB
VITA IRS CERTIFICATION TESTS
- Taxslayer Updates: Form 1099-NEC has now been added to Taxslayer and 1099-Misc has been updated. This will help with Advanced scenario #8.
- Economic Impact Payments: (Stimulus payments-also known as Recovery Rebate Credit in Taxslayer) has now been added to Taxslayer in the Basic Information Menu
VITA-TRAIN BY PROSPERITY NOW
This innovative, free online training curriculum features 12 plug-and-play modules designed to help volunteers prepare for the IRS Basic Volunteer Certification Test.
STAY CONNECTED TO LADDER UP
- Volunteer opportunities and Site Information
- Event updates
- Volunteer appreciation shout-outs, and so much more!