What is an ITIN?
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
What is an ITIN used for?
- IRS issues ITINs to help individuals comply with U.S. tax laws.
- ITINs are used for tax filing purposes only.
- An ITIN DOES NOT:
- Authorize work in the U.S.
- Provide eligibility for Social Security benefits
- Qualify a dependent for Earned Income Tax Credit Purposes
- Tax return requirement: All Form W-7 applications, including renewals, must include a U.S. federal tax return.
- If your ITIN wasn’t included on a U.S. tax return at least once in the last 3 years, your ITIN will expire.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.