If you drive for Uber or Lyft:
To find your tax summaries through your online driver profile:
- Log into your Uber app
- Go to Help – “How to Update Account”
- Click on the link to Partners.uber.com
- Go to the “Tax Information” tab
- You will want to download the 2021 Tax Summary as well as any Form 1099-K or Form 1099-MISC listed
- Keep copies of all of these pages for your tax records
The Tax Summary does not include ALL expenses. Additional expenses may include:
- Additional miles: Miles driven between fares
- Additional tolls: Tolls paid without a passenger in the car while en route to pick up a fare
- Cell phone: The portion of the use of a phone for business is deductible. This includes the cost of the phone itself as well as the related service contract. The portion of use that is designated as personal is not deductible.
- Refreshments/Amenities for passengers: Refreshments and other supplies such as phone chargers/adapters for passengers are deductible.
- Read more here:
If you need in-person help with obtaining these documents, you can visit one of the locations below.
Uber Greenlight Hubs:
Hours vary by location; go to uber.com/drive/chicago/contact/ for complete information
- 4609 W. Belmont Ave., Chicago
- 1401 W. North Ave., Chicago
- 839 W. 115th St., Chicago
- 7250 S. Cicero Ave., Bedford Park
3976 N. Avondale Ave., 2nd fl., Chicago
Mon & Wed, 10 am-8 pm
Tue, Thur, Fri, 10 am-4 pm