Ladder Up Training is LIVE!
Ladder Up’s training for the 2022 tax season is here. We are offering in-person, virtual, and on-demand training for those who would like a little more guidance!
We also encourage you to sign-up for our newsletter, and we will update you on all future volunteering opportunities, events, and much more!
Step 1: Pre-Read
Pre-Read – To get started on training, read this to learn more about our process, roles, what you need for training, and how to upload your Volunteer Agreement certifications.
Step 2: Certification Materials
Materials for Training Session (Print/Download/Pick-up):
Pick-up these materials at our Ladder Up office before your scheduled training session.
- Volunteer Training Manual – This guide will walk you through the steps to becoming VITA certified. Inside you’ll find a study guide, and practice scenario used during training.
- Training Presentation – The trainer will be presenting this during the lecture portion of the training.
IRS Certification Tests (Pick ONE packet only)
Each packet holds the following:
Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) Quiz, Intake/Interview & Quality Review (IIQR) Quiz, Answer Sheet (last sheet of each packet)
- Advanced Test
- Basic Test
- QEV (Qualified Experienced Volunteer) Test
Pub 6744 – IRS Training Publication
Primary Resources and Publications: (DO NOT PRINT)
2021-2022 Mini Manual – Mini manual will be available at in-person trainings and at the tax sites for each volunteer.
Pub 4012 – This volunteer resource guide will assist you in completing a tax return using TaxSlayer.
Pub 4491 – IRS training guide. Use this publication to read about tax law topics in detail.
Step 3: Attend a Training
- Self-study session
Sign up for training TODAY! Visit Volunteer Hub to schedule a training.
Coming soon! Recorded videos of our certification training will be available soon.
Get started in Link and Learn:
- Link & Learn – https://www.linklearncertification.com Access TaxSlayer Practice Lab, certification center, and additional tax lessons through this website. (More details are found in the Training Guide.)
- TaxSlayer Practice Lab – https://vita.taxslayerpro.com/IRStraining
- Universal Password: TRAINPROWEB
Common TaxSlayer Tutorials
- Taxslayer Updates: Form 1099-NEC has now been added to Taxslayer, and 1099-Misc has been updated. This will help with Advanced scenario #8.
- Economic Impact Payments: (Stimulus payments-also known as Recovery Rebate Credit in Taxslayer) has now been added to Taxslayer in the Basic Information Menu
Tax Site Checklists:
Tax Preparer Checklist – with New TaxSlayer enhancements for the tax season
VITA-TRAIN by Prosperity Now
This innovative, free online training curriculum features 12 plug-and-play modules designed to help volunteers prepare for the IRS Basic Volunteer Certification Test.