During our Summer Sessions, we often see Taxpayers who need to correct their tax returns (1040-x). This amendment training will show you how to complete an amendment return with a practice scenario. We would love to see you at our summer session from June – September. You can sign up using your VolunteerHub account.
TaxSlayer Practice Lab – https://vita.taxslayerpro.com/IRStraining – Universal Password: TRAINPROWEB
Amendment Training Practice:
Practice Return: Walter Rivers
Materials are available at Ladder Up office as well.
The regular Training Season for 2024 will begin in November 2023.
2023 Certification Training is now CLOSED – join us in November for the upcoming season.
Ladder Up’s training is now CLOSED – join us in November 2023 training. Ladder Up will offer in-person and virtual training.
Types of Training Available:
- Intake/Case Review Training – Virtual
- Basic IRS Certification Training – In-person ONLY
- Advanced IRS Certification Training – In-person and Virtual (Advanced virtual training is recommended for returning volunteers)
Don’t wait -sign-up today through VolunteerHub platform. If you do not have an account already, please create one and sign-up! We also encourage you to sign-up for our newsletter. We will update you on all future volunteering opportunities, events, and much more!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 TRAINING MATERIALS
If you’re a new volunteer or just need a refresher, we recommend reviewing our pre-reads for more information before your scheduled training.
Materials for Training:
- Volunteer Standards of Conduct (VSC) & Intake, Interview & Quality Review (IIQR) Tests
- 2022-2023 Basic Training Packet
- 2022-2023 Advanced Training Packet
- Answer Sheet
You will receive a hard copy of these materials during an in-person training session.
Primary Resources and Publications: (DO NOT PRINT)
2022-2023 Mini Manual – Mini-manual will be available at in-person training and at the tax sites for each volunteer.
Pub 4012 – This volunteer resource guide will assist you in completing a tax return using TaxSlayer.
Pub 4491 – IRS training guide. Use this publication to read about tax law topics in detail.
Get started in Link and Learn:
- Link & Learn – https://www.linklearncertification.com Access TaxSlayer Practice Lab, certification center, and additional tax lessons through this website. (More details are found in the Training Guide.)
- TaxSlayer Practice Lab – https://vita.taxslayerpro.com/IRStraining
- Universal Password: TRAINPROWEB
Virtual Training Link
This training includes the lecture and a demo for Tax Slayer for Basic Scenario 7. If you wish to see a demo of an Advanced Scenario, please look at the links below “Tax Slayer Tutorial Videos.”
2022 Virtual Training Recording
Check your answers before entering on Link and Learn
TaxSlayer Tutorial Videos
Tax Site Checklists:
Tax Preparer Checklist – with New TaxSlayer enhancements for the tax season
Quality Reviewer Checklist – Use this checklist to guide you on what to verify before explaining the tax return.
Amendment Checklist – Use this checklist to create a Form 1040-X if the taxpayer needs to make corrections to an original tax return.