Training starts mid-December 2023, register now: goladderup.volunteerhub.com
2024 Tax Season Certification Training is here! – join us in December and January for the upcoming season.
If you’re a new volunteer or just need a refresher, we recommend reviewing our pre-reads for more information before your scheduled training.
Materials for Training:
Publication 6744 – VITA Volunteer Test/Retest booklet
What exams should we take from the Pub 6744?
- All Volunteers must take Volunteer Standards of Conduct (page 14) and Intake, Interview and Quality Review (page 21).
- Basic Certification (page 31)
- Advanced Certification (page 69)
- Circular 230 (page 145) – Only available for CPA, EA, and Attorneys
United Way created study guides for the Basic and Advanced tests. Check out more of their test resources at vitaresources.net.
You will receive a hard copy of these materials during an in-person training session.
Primary Resources and Publications: (DO NOT PRINT)
2023-2024 Mini Manual – Mini-manual will be available at in-person training and at the tax sites for each volunteer. We recommend you review this mini manual and encourage you to use it for training and when you are out at a tax site.
Pub 4012 – This volunteer resource guide will assist you in completing a tax return using TaxSlayer.
Pub 4491 – IRS training guide. Use this publication to read about tax law topics in detail.
Get started in Link and Learn:
- Link & Learn – https://linklearntaxescertification.com/ Access TaxSlayer Practice Lab, certification center, and additional tax lessons through this website.
- TaxSlayer Practice Lab – https://vita.taxslayerpro.com/IRStraining
- Universal Password: TRAINPROWEB
Check your answers before entering on Link and Learn
United Way created check your answers for the following tests: