Ladder Up is working hard to find ways to offer its programs while keeping its clients, volunteers, and staff safe and healthy.
Tax clients: Sign up to receive e-mail updates:
You can also check our blog for an updated list of resources: Ladder Up COVID-19 Resources Blog
Tax Assistance Program
- Information about the Federal economic impact payments (the payments of up to $1,200 per eligible individual) can be found here: IRS Economic Impact Payments webpage
- Eligible taxpayers can file their tax returns online for free using the IRS Free File program. More information is available on our Free File page.
- Please note that the IRS has extended the filing season – returns are now due on July 15 and taxpayers who owe taxes to the IRS also have until July 15 to make their payments without interest or penalties. For more information, please visit https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
Financial Capability Program
- Ladder Up is offering consultations about the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for students and parents via phone. Contact email@example.com to schedule a consultation.
- Educators who wish to access virtual presentations about financial aid for college and making the financial transition to college can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clients interested in remote personalized financial coaching can e-mail email@example.com.
The Tax Clinic is continuing normal operations remotely. The Clinic team will continue to represent taxpayers before the IRS and IDOR, support pro bono volunteers who are representing Clinic clients, and provide technical consultations with agency staff and professionals.
- New clients: If you have a dispute with the IRS and/or Illinois Department of Revenue and need help resolving it, we may be able to assist you. Please check our Tax Clinic page for more information. New clients should call 312-630-0242 and leave a voicemail, which will be returned by Clinic staff.
- Existing clients: Please call the staff person with whom you have been working directly at the phone number previously provided to leave a message – we will return your call. If you’ve forgotten that number, call 312-630-0242 to leave a message.